fredag 19 december 2008

From "Child-Land Picture-Pages for the Little Ones"
by Oscar Pletsch & M. Rictor

THE GROCER.
Mr. Sweet, the grocer, is serving his customers.
James has just had some treacle, but he has
put his finger into the jug, and is sucking it. Naughty boy!

How grateful I am that I don't have to do any shopping beyond what is necessary to survive.
The snow and ice is gone and our driveway is passable again. Not knowing how long it will last I went shopping and managed get several errands done. Everybody in our small town seemed to be out today.
The last stop was at the library as they had mailed me and asked if I wanted some art books they were getting rid of. Of course, I wanted them. So I came home with three beautiful art books, one biography about the Swedish author August Strindberg and another about Selma Lagerlöf. The latter written by Elin Wägner, another Swedish author I admire.

2 kommentarer:

  1. I think the books must have compensated for the horrors of shopping so close to Christmas, em.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Maureen,
    Oh yes, they did. I've spent the day by the fire not knowing in which book to read. (And there is Gutenberg too!)
    Margaretha

    SvaraRadera