fredag 23 januari 2009

Braun's TOWN TALK

0
On some Swedish blogs we've been looking at old cookbooks and this kind of free booklets from different kind of companies so I felt I had to see what I had in my bookcase.
0
0
This small booklet with recipes from "Braun's TOWN TALK" was printed in 1950. Do they still exist? I don't think I've used it many times, if at all, but remember that I loved to look at the pictures as a child.

Somebody likes to try Fiesta Toast?



0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0
0

3 tbsp. flour
3 tbsp. butter or margarine
2 cups canned tomatoes
2 cups canned corn
2 tsp. salt
¼ lb. sharp cheese¨
1 onion, sliced
0
Brown the flour in skillet, then blend with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine. Brown the sliced onion in remaining butter. Add all remaining ingredients except cheese and cook about 10 minutes, stirring slightly to heat evenly. Blend in the cheese, thinly shaved or grated, and stir until cheese melts. Serve on crisp toast, garnished with bacon or slices of hard-cooked egg. (6 servings)
0
I just found this article from 2005 about "Braun's TOWN TALK".

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar