lördag 19 september 2009

Saturday with Gutenberg

It is my mothers birthday and I haven't spent much time with Gutenberg. But I just checked the new books, and felt like I too got birthday presents as I found several books with lovely illustrations.

7878


From "My Father's Dragon", 1948
by Ruth Stiles Gannett
with illustrations by Ruth Chrisman Gannett
.
I'm sure that some of you have read "My Father's Dragon" – it is new to me, but after some research on the web, I understand that it is a well-known book that has been continuously in print since its publication.

87

It had a door
that wouldn’t shut,
and two broken windows,
and all the paint
was off the shutters

And in this house
there lived
"The Cock, The Mouse and the Little Red Hen – an old tale retold by Félicité Lefèvre with illustrations by Tony Sarg, is another book that I haven't heard of before.

And there are two books with fairy tales from Japan.


"The Fisher-Boy Urashima" by an anonymous author, translator: B. H. Chamberlain.

And "The Matsuyama Mirror" Author: Anonymous, Translator: Kate James.

As if four illustrated books for children wasn't enough I also found "Rugs: Oriental and Occidental, Antique & Modern, A Handbook for Ready Reference" by Rosa Belle Holt

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar