måndag 15 september 2008

A Little Window

“In good sooth, my masters this is no door, yet it is a little window that looketh upon a great world.”
From A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Louis StevensonI llustrator: Millicent Sowerby


ESCAPE
How simple life can be!
A cabin,
Mountains, afar and near,
A brook,
Deer, blowing at night.
Perchance,
Rain on the roof,
Then,The loved books,
A fire on the hearth,
And endless timeTo think.
How simple life is!
+++++++++++Jean M. Snyder


From If You're Going to Live in the Country by Thomas H. Ormsbee and Richmond HuntleyIllustrator: Frank Lieberman

000
When looking through my Gutenberg files for more pictures of windows I found a book with the title "A Little Window" by Jean M. Snyder, of course it made me curious and I had to look at it even if I saw that it had no illustrations.
The taxi boat will pick us up at 10 tomorrow morning — we hope to arrive home between 4 and 5 in the afternoon, we have a little over 400 km to drive.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar