lördag 13 september 2008

Books and windows

Nan left a comment the other day saying that she was interested in the book titles on my new bookshelves. That made me wonder too as I wasn't quite sure myself. Before I made this small bookcase we had most of our books on shelves over the windows - and even if it's a small cottage with a low ceiling that meant that every time I wanted a book I had to climb on a chair to reach for it. It also meant that I didn't know what books we kept there. Some are books guests have left behind and some I've brought and never read while a few are doublets of books I have at home. This is what I found: Swedish, German and English dictionaries. Books about flowers, mushrooms, insects and other animals.

Pauline Wills: Live better. Colour Theraby
Elizabeth von Arnim: Elizabeth and her german Garden
Agatha Christie: Sad Cypress and A Murder is Announced
G. K. Chesterton: The Innocence of Father Brown
Yang Erche Namu: Leaving Mother Lake
Kate Jacobs: Friday Night Knitting Club
Mary Turner Thomson: The Other Mrs Jordan
Laura Childs: Death by Darjeeling, Gunpoder Green andShades of Earl Grey

Safiya Hussaini: Dömd att stenas
Thomas Björklund: Vad du borde ha lärt dig i skolan
Olof Lagercrantz: Dagbok
Torsten Sndberg: Gåtan på Granliden
Viveca Lärn: Kvinnan som var en fyr
Åke Edwardson: Låt det aldrig ta slut
Jan Broberg: I ett nötskal


1 kommentar:

  1. You have books for every possible mood there. What a lovely place for reading and looking out of the window.

    SvaraRadera