tisdag 18 januari 2011

THE DISAPPOINTED HEN



H' what a terrible mistake!'
Cried Mrs. Brahma Hen;
'I'd set my heart on yellow chicks,
And these are black again!'
.
She ran at once to Dr. Goose,
'What can I do?' cried she.
'My charge for giving good advice
Is fifteen worms,' quoth he.
.
It was such hot work catching them,
It nearly made her faint:
And fifteen worms'-worth of advice
Was 'Buy some yellow paint!'
............... ......... A. Katherine Parkes
.

You should see our drive way today! It's a wonder that I made it to the mailbox and back to the house again. I let the dust balls grow, fed us leftovers and spend most of the days in Gutenberg's company. I found the poem about the disappointed hen, in "Chatterbox, 1906" and the pictures in "Ozma of Oz" by L. Frank Baum with illustrations by John R. Neill.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar