fredag 19 juni 2009

Midsummer

0
I love this time of the year – yes, I know that I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.
These nights when it never gets very dark are magical. There are many white flowers in bloom right now and you can see then glow all night.







There are plenty of birds in the magnolia tree.
0
Midsummer is a rather big holiday here – which I didn't think of when I went grocery shopping yesterday. Our small town was crowded and both grocery stores were packed. It was even hard to find a parking spot, which is very unusual here.


0
I have to admit that I'm rather stressed – there are so many things that have to be done before we leave for the island. If writing lists were enough I'd be extremely organized by now!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Lovely to see you posting again! I also love this time of year. I love the long days even though we are not so far north that we have them as long as you do. I remember when I visited my son when he was working in Alaska that it was a little too easy to forget to go to sleep! I am just sad because now we are moving toward the shortest day of the year instead of the longest! But instead of being never satisfied, I will enjoy each day for its own beauty.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Kristi,
    Don't be sad - another spring and summer is soon here - and another, and another...
    I love late summer and fall so I don't feel sad until October.
    Margaretha

    SvaraRadera